Welcome to the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal. Sanlam Key Solutions is part of Sanlam Life Insurance Limited and the Sanlam Group, which is one of South Africa’s leading financial services groups.
1. Important information
Please address any comments, issues or concerns to the Sanlam Client Care Centre at 0860 SANLAM (0860 726 526) or firstname.lastname@example.org. Their contact details are also available on the www.sanlam.co.za website.
2. Nature of the portal
The Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal provides content, tools and calculators relating to financial advice and your financial wellbeing.
Subscribing to any services through the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal is subject to Sanlam’s contractual terms and conditions, and applicable legislation.
For your convenience, the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal may include links to third party websites. The fact that Sanlam provides a link to a third party website does not necessarily mean that Sanlam endorses, authorises or sponsors that website, or that Sanlam is affiliated to such website’s owners or sponsors, and these links may be removed at any time. Sanlam is not responsible or liable for any content displayed on a third party website that is not under Sanlam’s direct control. Accordingly, your use and reliance on information available on third party websites is done at your sole and absolute risk, which includes any direct or indirect loss or damages which Sanlam or any third party may suffer.
The Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal may be unavailable from time to time for routine maintenance or emergency repairs, or because of the unavailability of electricity, telecommunications systems or networks. Sanlam Key Solutions is not liable for any loss, of any nature, suffered because of the unavailability of the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal.
3. Protection of personal information
We will protect any personal information you share with Sanlam Key Solutions via the portal as required by the legislation and the constitution of the Republic of South Africa.
We will only collect, process and store personal information you provide for purposes related to the provision of financial advice and the administration of any services you subscribe to.
We will only share your information with other parties if this is required for the purposes mentioned above; we have your authorisation; or we are required by law. We may send your personal information to service providers outside of the RSA for processing or storage in a country with similar information protection legislation to the RSA.
4. Use of content, tools and calculators
The content, tools and calculators on the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal do not, nor are they intended to, provide advice of any nature, including financial or legal advice. Before you take any action, we recommend that you seek sound financial advice from a Sanlam Key Solutions or other registered financial adviser.
The tools and calculators are for your convenience and are intended only as guidelines to help you understand your financial situation and needs. The results will only be useful if appropriate inputs are used.
Calculations may use projections based on assumptions about uncertain future outcomes. Such assumptions were determined considering the historic relationship between different items. Actual future values will be based on future experience and will differ from these projections.
Warranties provided by you:
For all purposes, you confirm that
- You are who you say you are, and that you can prove your identity should Sanlam require you to do so;
- All information you provide at any time to Sanlam using the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal, will in all respects be current, complete, and accurate;
- You will provide to Sanlam all material and relevant facts required by Sanlam as may be appropriate to any dealings you have with Sanlam. If you do not provide the information, or provide information that is incorrect, Sanlam may, at its choice, cancel any agreement or transaction arising from your dealings with Sanlam.
Warranties provided by us:
While Sanlam will take care to provide accurate information on the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal, the information is provided without any express or implied warranty that it is complete or accurate and the onus is on you to verify that information you use is accurate, complete or up to date. Content is subject to change without notice.
6. Third party software and cookies
To use the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal you need to have appropriate third party software installed and cookies enabled on the device used to access the portal.
The portal is designed and configured for use by Internet browsers which are typically used on computers and not mobile devices. Sanlam is not responsible for the wireless services used by mobile devices, and disclaims any responsibility for the lack of functionality or capability or reliability of any mobile device or software used to access the portal.
While the use of the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal is free of charge, you will be responsible for any fees which may be charged by your service provider which may be associated with your browsing of the portal.
Sanlam is also not responsible for the communication of any person or confidential information between you and the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal or any electronic communications mechanisms facilitated by the portal and disclaims any liability for deficiencies in privacy or security of any communications made or received between the mobile device and the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal.
The functionality and use of your mobile device is outside of the control of Sanlam and Sanlam will not be responsible for interference with the integrity, transmission, delays, limitation of network coverage, outages or interruption in the services supplied supporting the mobile device.
7. Restricted use
Unless otherwise indicated in writing, all information, products, and services displayed on or accessed through the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal are for your personal and non-commercial use only. You may not
- Modify or create derivative works from, publish or license any of the content displayed on the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal without Sanlam’s prior written authority.
- Decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble the website, a linked website, or any other software employed in the display or operation of the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal.
- Post on or upload to the website content that is of an unlawful nature, for example: (a) contents that is threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane; or (b) content that could damage Sanlam’s image or impair its ability to do business.
- Use the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Sanlam server, computer or network, or interfere with any other party’s use of the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal.
- Interfere with any content displayed on the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal or attempt or gain unauthorised access without Sanlam’s written consent to the information displayed or services available on the website to which you are not authorised, or to any secure applications or websites to which you are not authorised, or to a Sanlam server or any other part of Sanlam’s information system. Any attempt, whether successful or unsuccessful, to interfere with the information or to gain access to information, services, applications or website to which you are not authorised or to any part of Sanlam’s information system is unlawful and is an offence in terms of the provisions of Section 86 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002, for which you may be prosecuted and, if found guilty, punished.
- Create a link from another website to the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal, or any of the pages therein, without Sanlam’s prior written consent.
- Frame the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal or any of its pages without Sanlam’s prior written consent.
8. Intellectual property rights
The Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal and all its content, including software, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information and designs, are owned by or licensed to Sanlam. The intellectual property rights in this content are protected against infringement by local and international legislation and treaties, and may therefore not be used in any way without Sanlam or the licensor’s prior written consent.
9. Electronic transactions, communications and records
By using the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal, you
- Consent to receiving communications from Sanlam electronically. You thereby agree that all electronic agreements, notices, disclosures, and all other communications sent by Sanlam satisfy any legal requirements that such communications must be in writing.
- Accept the risks inherent in electronic communication in whatever form.
- Consent to Sanlam acting on the information communicated to Sanlam electronically. You are responsible to ensure that Sanlam has received the information communicated electronically.
- Acknowledge and agree that Sanlam, in its discretion, may retain and store your electronic communications. You agree that the electronic records stored by Sanlam will constitute rebuttable proof of the content of the records.
- Acknowledge and agree that Sanlam, in its discretion, may keep a log of your usage of the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal, including access to and use of information, services, electronic transactions and secure applications or websites.
- Accept that any email or SMS communication sent to you will be regarded for the purposes of this agreement to have been received by you when it enters an information system outside of the control of Sanlam.
Sanlam will not be responsible for
- Any loss incurred or damages suffered (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) to you or any third party that may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your negligent use of, or reliance upon, any content displayed on the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal, by you.
- Any interruption, delayed or failed transmission, loss of programs or other data, or the storage or delivery of information resulting from whatever cause.
Sanlam reserves the right to
- Refer any breach to the police if such breach constitutes a crime.
- Claim damages for all loss and damage it suffers, and expenses it incurs, as a result of, in connection with or arising out of your breach.
- Proceed against you by way of civil action for any loss, damages, expenses and the like suffered by Sanlam or any third party.
13. Jurisdiction and applicable law
Your use of the Sanlam Key Solutions Financial Wellness Portal will for all purposes relating to its use, constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the Western Cape High Court, Cape Town.
Any matter arising out of this document, including any claim arising from the use or inability to use the website, is subject to and will be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa in respect of both the basis of the claim (contract, delict (tort), or any other), and the law relating to procedure and evidence.
All proceedings will be held in English and the unsuccessful party will be liable to pay all costs incurred by the successful party, including costs as between attorney and own client.
14. Sanlam’s consent